Welcome to the Master Damon web site of Doctors Rafael García Espejo and Ramón Perera, who are internationally renowned for the quality of their teaching and their careful finishing of every clinical case.
On this web site, you will find all the information you need to know about the specialisation courses in the Damon System that the doctors are currently giving in different parts of Europe.
The Damon Master consists of 4 two-day modules generally held on weekends or on days close to the weekend . The interval between modules is usually 2 to 3 months.
At the end of the Master, students have the option to attend a 5th practical module at the clinics of Drs. García Espejo (Córdoba) and Perera Grau (Lleida).
. Doctors .
. Programme .
- Presentation and objectives.
- Clinical evolution from conventional mechanics to the Damon System.
- The basics of low friction biomechanics.
- The 4 Stages of treatment.
- Archwires: characteristics, selection and sequences.
- Auxiliary elements: stops, springs, build-ups, etc.
- Differential torque. Recommendations.
- Cementing brackets:
- Bonding materials.
- Bonding techniques: direct and indirect.
- Intermaxillary elastics:
- Early elastics.
- Advantages of the Damon System.
- Historical evolution of self-ligation. Current models.
- Tips and advice.
- Dental crowding:
- D-Gainer (2x4): recommendations.
- Treatments with extractions:
- Mechanics for closing spaces.
- Extractions? No thanks!
- Extreme cases: how far can we go?
- Posterior cross bite:
- The concept of "transversal posterior adaptation".
- Treatment without auxiliary apparatus.
- The limits to transversal expansion.
- The treatment of class II cases.
- Teeth: the power of class II elastics.
- Skeletal images:
- Direct previous advance (Klammt, Twin-block, Herbst, etc.).
- Previous advance dental levelling (Forsus, Herbst).
- Treating class III cases:
- The power of elastics in class III cases.
- Limitations to the use of surgery.
- Open bite.
- Periodontal treatments.
- Ageneses and tooth loss:
- Opening spaces for prostheses.
- Dental inclusions.
- The 70% group.
- "Class IV" malocclusions.
- Finishing cases: the secret behind a perfect finish.
- Evaluation of the smile.
- The Damon splint.
- Lingual bars.
Optionally, students can take a short practical course as a fifth clinical module, at the clinics of Drs. García Espejo (Córdoba) and Perera Grau (Lleida) with the following content:
- Starting cases (direct and indirect bonding).
- Following cases during the initial phase.
- Following cases in the intermediate phase.
- Following cases in the final phase.
- Finishing cases.
- The Damon splint.
- Bonding lingual bars.
- Practices involving wires:
- Incorporating group torque.
- Incorporating individual torque.
- Construction of in-sets and off-sets on the TMA.
- Presentation of cases by students.
- Closure and presentation of diplomas.
. Dates .
. Other events .
. Testimonials .
Read the student's opinions about Master Damon!
. Register now for the Damon Master .
Doctors García Espejo and Perera have international recognition for their experience accumulated throughout the years. Their eagerness to spread their knowledge has led them to organize this Master of Specialization in the Damon System which is currently taught in different countries.